Intro: This sport originated in Japan and involves summoning a ghost that will follow you all day trying to catch you. The object of the game is to avoid being captured.
Casting Directions for ‘The Bath Game’
1. Before you go to bed for the night, get naked and go in the bathroom.
2. Fill the bathtub with water and switch off the lights. (All of them)
3. Sit in the middle of the tub facing the faucet or faucet.
4. Close your eyes and wash your hair when repeating the words “Daruma-san fell down. Daruma-san fell down.” over and over.
5. As you wash your hair you should see in your mind’s eye the picture of a Japanese woman standing in a tub. She slips and falls on a rusty tap that impales her through the eye and kills her.
6. Continue repeating “Daruma-san fell down. Daruma-san fell down.” Until you have finished washing your hair. It’s very important that you keep your eyes shut. You may hear or feel movement in the water behind you but it is very important that you keep your eyes closed. Don’t peek! You have just summoned a ghost of your own. The ghostly figure of a woman will rise from the water behind you. You will feel her presence as she stares at you, her head just behind your shoulder. Her hair is black and tangled. Her clothes are tattered and sterile. She has just one eye. Her left eye is wide open and bloodshot. Her right eye is missing, leaving only a bloody, hollow eye socket.
7. When you feel the presence of the ghost, ask aloud “Why did you drop in the tub?”
8. Still keeping your eyes tightly shut, stand up and get out of the bath. Be careful when doing this as your eyes are shut and moist tile/whatnot isn’t the easiest thing to move on, oh and also the ghost might attempt to trip and kill you. Immediately leave the bathroom and closed the door.
It is now safe to open your eyes. Leave the bath water overnight and enjoy a night’s sleep because tomorrow as soon as you awaken, the game begins.
9. The ghost is now after you, trying to look at her directly won’t work. Instead, glance over your shoulder to catch a glimpse of her. She’ll get closer and closer as the day goes on. Do not let her catch you! If she is getting too close, shout “Tomare!” (Stop!) And run away as soon as possible. This will put some space between you and she.
10. So as to end the game, you have to catch a glimpse of her and shout “Kitta!” (loosely translates as “I cut you loose!”) Then hold out your hand in front of you and swing it down in a cutting motion like a karate chop. End the game before midnight or the one-eyed lady will accompany you into your dreams to follow and more than likely kill you (here’s lookin’ at you, Freddy).
To sum up some of the basic ground rules:
-Do NOT open your eyes once the ghost first appears.
-Do not let her trip you while you escape the bath!
-Do not re-enter the toilet after you leave (or allow your friends/family/roommates open it up).
-Don’t drain the tub until morning.
-Do not, don’t, don’t let her catch up to you!
CAUTION: Again, don’t play this game. Screwing around with ghosts and spirits isn’t for funzies, it can have some serious consequences. Summoning ghosts may result in you getting possessed or worse. Also, be really careful when getting out of the tub it is crazy easy to seriously harm and/or kill yourself even without a murderous ghost trying to trip you. If you don’t finish the game properly, the ghost will more than likely continue to follow you for the rest of your life. .