Tthe Dark Reflection Ritual relies heavily on the use of mirrors. But based on its lore, bad luck doesn’t stick to the person who breaks a mirror; instead, the negative energy stays focused in the area in which the mirror was broken, gradually dissipating over time. Needless to say, the rules change if you break a mirror particularly for the purposes of performing this ritual — that’s when misfortune will begin following you around. But if you manage to survive a night of the worst luck you can imagine, there is gold to be found on the opposite side, a reversal of luck so dramatic that individuals who have completed it successfully claim it’s worth the risk.
Ritual isn’t mine.
Casting Instructions for ‘The Dark Reflectin Ritual’
1. Begin after sunset, but no less than six hours before sunrise.
2. Take your mirror up and look your reflection in the eye for three to five minutes, focusing your attention on the negative energy held within the mirror. Then hold up the glass to your face and anoint it with your breath — that is, breathe onto it such that that the mirror fogs up.
3. Repeat this step for as many players as there are in the group, with each player performing the measure in its entirety after.
4. After all players have successfully anointed the mirror with their breath, light the candle with your matches or lighter and hold it to the mirror’s surface. When the candle has blackened a small section of the glass, remove the candle and extinguish it.
5. Break the mirror, releasing the energy.
6. Leave the bits of broken mirror where they are and evacuate the area immediately.
1. Bad luck will proceed to accompany you throughout the night. Incidents will likely begin small, but will increase in severity as the day wears on. Your survival is dependent on your state of endurance; there are not any rules to follow along with actions to carry out that will guarantee your safety. The only pieces of information which may be given are the following: Stay vigilant;
And should you find yourself in a particularly threatening situation, hold your breath for as long as possible.
1. If you survive the night unscathed, your luck will execute an abrupt about-face with the coming of the first light of dawn: Your bad luck will end, and a streak of good fortune will begin. People will be nicer to you; success will come easily; and if you are the gambling type, it’s strongly recommended that you purchase a lottery ticket.
Although the only necessary quality for your mirror to own is that it be one that you are prepared to break, other qualities might also be worth considering. For instance: How old is the mirror? Both the risk and the benefit of this ritual depend on how old the mirror is. An older mirror that has seen many gazes will hold more negative energy; consequently, the strength and length of your good luck during and after Act III will be higher. However, the threat during Act II will be higher, as well. Proceed with caution.
Have you got a personal connection to it? A mirror which has a private connection for you — one into you that you’ve looked frequently before the initiation of the ritual, such as one from your bedroom or bathroom — will tailor your great fortune to your own likes, dislikes, and desires.
There’s no particular location in which this ritual is best performed; however, it is NOT recommended that it be conducted at your place of residence. It’s far easier to run from negative energy when you haven’t gone and released it inside the walls of your own home.
Although this ritual may be performed by just 1 principal, it is best conducted by a group. The reason for this recommendation goes back to the idea of there being strength in numbers: If just 1 participant performs the ritual, the negative energy released during Act I will have only one person to follow. The more players there are, the thinner the negative energy is going to need to spread itself since it tracks you down.
Anointing the mirror with your breath in Act I joins the negative energy within the mirror to you. Holding your breath in the face of the bad luck after you during Act II will not prevent it from reaching you entirely, but it is going to buy you a few moments to escape a dangerous situation if necessary.
You have to begin the ritual during the window of time indicated in the instructions. Beginning too near dawn won’t allow the negative energy caused by the mirror to fully manifest before the light of the sun purifies it ; and more dangerously, beginning during the day allows the negative energy released by the ritual longer time to dog your steps. It’s not the light of day which will purify the energy — it’s specifically the light of dawn.
A Final Note:
There’s absolutely not any way to halt this ritual once it’s begun. Do NOT start it unless you plan on completing it.