The one-man hide and seek, aka the one-man tag, aka hitori-kakurenbo, is a ritual for contacting the dead.
The spirits which are wandering restless on the earth are always looking for bodie to possess. In this ritual you summon this kind of soul by offering it a doll instead of a human body.
Warning: If you have psychic abilities you might feel unwell or be prone to injuries during the ritual.
This ritual is NOT MINE, it was originated in Japan, I think. .
A Stuffed Doll th limbs
Some Rice (sufficient to stuff the doll full)
A Needle and a Crimson Thread
A Sharp-Edged Tool (such as a Knife, a Glass Shard, or Scissors)
A Cupful of Salt (natural salt could be best)
A Hiding Place (preferably a room purified by incense and ofuda)
Casting Instructions for ‘Lonely Hide and Seek’
1. Take all the cotton (or whatever it’s stuffed with) out of the doll, and stuff it instead with rice1.
2. Clip a bit of your nails and put them inside the doll, and sew up the opening with the crimson thread. When you finish sewing, tie up the doll with the rest of the thread *2.
3. Pour into a bathtub.
4. Put a cup of salt water within the hiding place.
The Way to Do It:
1. Give a title to the doll (the name could be anything but your own)
2. When it’s 3 am, say to the doll “__(your name) is the initial it,” three times.
3. Proceed to the bathroom and put the doll intoithe water-filled bathtub.
4. Switch off all lights in the house, return to the hiding place and then switch on the TV.
5. When you’ve counted ten with your eyes closed, go back to the bathroom with the edged tool (a knife, etc) on your hand.
6. When you get there, say to the doll ,”I’ve found you, __(the doll’s name),” and stab the doll with the edged tool *3.
7. Say “You are the following it, __(the doll’s name),” as you put the doll back in its place.
8. As soon as you have put the doll down, return to the hiding place and hide.
The Way to Finish It:
1. Pour the cup of salt water in your mouth (don’t drink it ; keep it there)*4 and escape the hiding place and start searching for the doll. The doll isn’t necessarily in the bathroom. Whatever happens do not spit out the salt water.
2. When you find the doll, pour the remainder of the salt water that’s left in the cup, then spray the salt water into your mouth over it also.
3. Say “I win,” three times.
This supposed to finish the ritual.
After th is mawke sure you dry the doll, burn and discard it later.
Please do no tstop this ritual halfway. You must do it through to the end.
This is a dangerous ritual and I will not be accountable for what happens to you if you try.
Other things to Remember:
1-Don’t move out of the house until you’ve completed the finishing ritual.
2-You must turn off all lights.
3-Keep quiet while hiding.
4-You don’t need to place the salt water in your mouth all the time. You just need to do it throughout the finishing ritual.
5-Remember, if you are living with someone you might place them in danger too.
6-Don’t continue this ritual for more than a couple of hours.
7-For safety reasons, it might be best to keep all the doors in the house unlocked (including front door) and have some friends close by so they can come and assist you at a moment’s noice, in the event you ever need them. Maintaining a mobile close at hand could be a great idea too.
1 – The rice represents innards and has the role of attracting spirits.
2 -The red ribbon reflects a blood vessel. It seals the soul(s) up inside the doll.
3 – By cutting off the ribbon, you break the seal and release the spirit(s) you have trapped.
4 – If you head from the hiding place with no salt water, you may encounter “something drifting around” in your house which might hurt you in some way. Apparently the way to feel te presence of the “something drifting around” is to see “what happens to the TV.”